CAD 40,000 + Hours
• Many years of working knowledge of various manufacturing processes (machining, injection molding, die-casting, thermo-forming, sheet metal, etc.).
• Expert with SolidWorks.
• Conceived, designed, and followed into production many parts and assemblies.
• Proven working knowledge of various manufacturing processes (machining, injection molding, die-casting, thermo-forming, sheet metal, etc.).
• Excellent understanding of materials and the selection process.
• Practical understanding of EMI suppression techniques.
• Had a product UL certified.
• Solid cross-function team skills (meeting preparation & participation, proactive communication, and follow up).
• High level of time management skills, attention to detail and sense for quality.
• Able to work independently and follow established reporting protocols.
• Able to study complex problems and quickly develop several viable solutions.
• Proficient with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Experience setting up Design of Experiments to solve multi-variable problems.
Archbar Design, Vancouver, WA
Aug. 2004 to Present
• Design, Detail, Sourcing, prototyping, producing and assembling various projects
Michael Curry Designs:
• Project engineer responsible for Design, Detail, Sourcing, prototyping, producing and assembling the mechanical components for large kinetic stage props. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POu5KPGz53k
• Working with Michael Curry Design I did the engineering for a kinetic dragon at the Wynn Casino in Macau China. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POu5KPGz53k .
o This was designed in SolidWorks using a STL point cloud digitized from a ¼ scale clay model as the outside envelope.
• Project had a 60-day deadline; immediately designed and detailed a welded segment that would be consistent throughout the structure.
• Sourced the materials and sent the detailed part drawings to be laser cut and break formed.
• Within 4 days I had Michael Curry’s shop producing 42 identical weldments.
• Created the finer parts of the design as these weldments were being fabricated.
• Created all bills of material, all detail drawings, all weldment drawings, all assembly drawings and sourced the parts and hardware.
• Structural analysis using SolidWorks reports were reviewed and signed off by a PE.
• Designed and sourced a large scissors mechanism for a flower utilized in the Cirque du Soleil production OVO and a large scissors mechanism utilized in the Cirque du Soleil production Zarkana.
Gold Rush Nugget Bucket
• Designed the layout of the original concept. http://www.goldrushnuggetbucket.com/photos.html from SolidWorks
• Designed the molded plastic parts for production.
o The design packages consisted of CAD models and drawings that were sent out requests for quotes to molders.
o Compared all quotes and made recommendations.
• Supported tool design and production with cad models.
• Designed laser cut and break bent brackets that significantly reduced labor costs and supported production with detail fabrication and assembly drawings.
• Designed and detailed many sheet metal brackets for heavy equipment, heavy trucks and automotive.
• Very proficient with the SolidWorks sheet metal package.
Freightliner Corp., Portland, OR
Jan. 1994 to Aug. 2004
CATIA and SolidWorks Designer
• Design and Detail of Heavy Truck (Freightliner Century Class, Argosy, FLN, M2 and P3) Windshield Wiper Systems, Windshield Washer Systems, Clutch, Brake and Throttle Pedals and Linkages, Steering Columns and Brackets, Door Latch Mechanisms, Injection and Blow Molded Plastic Components.
JI Case, Burlington, IA.
June 1992 to Jan. 1994
CATIA and Computervision CADDS 4X Drafter/Designer
• Design and Detail of Cab Components, Sheet metal Stampings, Plastic Fender Moldings, Foot and Hand Throttle Systems and Loader Arms for the 580 L Backhoe.
Volvo-GM, Greensboro, NC.
Sept. 1990 to June 1992
Catia and Computervision CADDS 4X:
• Design and Detail of Class 8 Heavy Truck (Volvo VN) Wire Harnesses and Components, Molded Plastic Sealed Bulkhead Passthroughs, Fuse Block Assemblies and In-Dash Front Serviceable Electrical Power Distribution Center.